Madonna of the Rose (Madonna and Child), 1399, Pietro di Giovanni Tedesco - commissioned by Medici e Speziali (doctors and apothecaries). This is the oldest sculpture remaining at church. There were two earlier works, but both were subsequently replaced by their guilds. At one point this statue was moved inside, and only placed outside again in 1925.
This is the only tabernacle that projects from the building, in ornate Gothic style. The tabernacle is by Jacopo di Piero Guidi.